September marks the end of summer and delivers us back to school jitters and the anticipation of fall. It is a month in which the leaves start to change and is a time of deep reflection. To celebrate this month, there’s nothing better than treating yourself with the breathtaking Blue sapphire Gemstone.
In September 1912, Sapphire was adopted as the official National Association of jeweler’s birthstone. Long before the gemstone became the modern September birthstone, the Blue gemstone was a zodiac sign for Virgo.
Now Sapphire is the modern birthstone for September, all over the world. A blue gemstone that is typically known for its rich blue hue is deep with tradition and has a long history of brilliance. The most popular blue gemstone is Sapphire.
Here are some facts you might not have known about Blue Sapphires.
- Blue Sapphire gemstone is also known as Neelam is composed of corundum and is usually found in igneous rocks and in alluvial deposits.
- Astrologically Blue Sapphire represents the planet Saturn and is the gemstone of Shani Deva.
- Blue Sapphire is the second hardest natural mineral with a Mohs scale rating of 9.0.
- The origins of Blue Sapphire are Burma, China, Colombia, Kenya, Nepal, Australia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Thailand, Sri Lanka.
- The best quality blue gemstone is found in Kashmir and has a blue color with a slightly milky appearance.
The diversity of Blue Gemstone varies from light blue to dark blue. They can be cut in many shapes such as round, square and cushion. Sapphires are often heated to extremely high temperatures to give the gem it a brilliant and deep blue color.
Benefits of Blue Sapphire Gemstone:
- This gemstone brings good health, wealth, luck and protects its wearer from the evil eye, enemies etc.
- It helps with a person’s career and can cause financial fortunes to change for the better and make the wearer rich.
- It is believed that if a Blue Sapphire becomes favorable for you then it takes the person to Fantastic heights of success in his career.
- It has excellent healing properties to soothe the senses and removes negativity and complexes.
- This stone brings inner peace and staves off depression.
This stone can be given on 5th, 23rd and 45th wedding anniversary. This stone strengthens commitment and honor, hence can also be gifted to your loved ones. Sehdev jewellers are blue sapphire dealers and have a wide range of blue gemstone and in our catalog, you can also find its substitute Blue Topaz and magnetic light blue Aquamarine.