Engagement RingsJewelleryJewellery GiftsRings
Right Way To Take Care Of Gold Jewelry
Gold jewellery has a timeless appeal and can be worn with practically all kinds of dresses. To make sure that your jewellery retains its shine for a long time. It would be best if you took good care of it.
Here are some of the tips when you are looking to take good care of your gold jewellery.
- Even though gold has its distinct lustre and shine, it is still a relatively soft metal. Hence gold jewellery is very susceptible to dents, scratches & dings. So if you are wearing gold bracelets, rings or watches, make sure to take them off when you want to play high-contact sports.
- Remove the jewellery or cover them adequately while cleaning. Household cleaning solutions that include acids can harm the finish of the jewellery. If you still want to get your gold jewellery cleaned, you must wear rubber gloves during the cleaning process. This can protect your gold jewellery and prevent your skin from getting damaged.
- One of the worst enemies of gold jewellery is chlorine. So you take off and keep it in a safe place before swimming in a spa or pool.
- It would help if you also took off your jewellery before bathing at home. Wearing gold jewellery while taking a bath can give rise to a covering and building of foam and soap that can create a film over your gold jewellery. This is naturally going to ruin them in due course of time.
- Many women wear their jewellery as the first thing while getting ready. However, the truth is that the ingredients used in makeup, hair spray, lotions, and perfume can damage gold jewellery. Therefore, you must complete your makeup and wear the jewellery.
Follow these tips when you want to clean your gold jewellery items:
- Alcohol is the best ingredient to clean your gold jewellery items.
- It is perfectly alright to use alcohol to clean the gold jewellery. But make sure that you never use bleach. It damages your jewellery items.
- To have the best results when cleaning your gold jewellery, you can soak them for three hours and gently scrub them with a soft brush. Finally, rinse your gold jewellery items under clean water before blotting them dry using a clean cloth.
- If you want some extra shine on your gold jewellery, use a dedicated jewellery polishing cloth to get the best effect.
- While cleaning your gold jewellery, you should see if there are any kinds of loose stones or damages.
Apart from these tips, ensure you have a good jewellery box for keeping your jewellery items.