Birthstones are gems relates with a birth month, each stone has a unique meaning and significance. Many of us know we have a birthstone – but do you know why? Birthstones come in a wide range of hues, traditionally there is one or more gemstone relates with each month of the year.
So each of the signs of the zodiac relates with a particular month. Let us look at the significance of different birthstones.
- The gemstone relates with the month of January its name is Garnet. There are many colors associate with this beautiful gemstone, from the flaming orange to the vibrant green, but the base color of the hessonite gemstone is dark red. Garnet is famous for to be a beacon of light after sunset and prevent the wearer from being tormented by the dark spirits of the night.
- Amethyst stone is the birthstone for the month of February . It is purple-colored quartz thats relates with the properties of peace and courage.
- It imparts a sense of calm and stability to the wearer. This stone was believed to ward off the stupefying effects of alcohol and makes the wearer more clear-headed.
- Both the aquamarine and the bloodstone are birthstones for the month of March. The first is a cool blue stone which is famous for its mental healing properties. One more of this birthstone benefits is that its to resolve differences between friends. The bloodstone is mostly green in color, and at best has some red spots.
- This is the best month for those who are keen to make birthstone jewelry because the birthstone relates with those born in April is the diamond. Diamonds are associate with several beneficial properties, like purification of the blood, control of brain diseases, and of course its use as a symbol of love.
- The bright green emerald is the birthstone for the month of May. The emerald gemstone is said to have several health benefits, like curing and controlling digestive problems, bleeding and even epilepsy. Emeralds also give a soothing mindset to the wearer, relieving him or her of tensions. But most of all, its beauty is what attracts the wearer to it.
- There are three gemstones relates with the month of June – pearl, alexandrite, and moonstone.
- Pearl Gemstones are slightly different because they are create by oysters. They signify innocence and purity.
- Alexandrite is quite rare (mostly available in Russia), and therefore very costly. The moonstone is comes from feldspar and is relates with the soothing effects of the lunar cycles.
- The red-color gemstone ruby is the gemstone relates with the month of July. Because it is associated with the vitality of the color red and human blood is also red in color, therefore the ruby gemstone stands for passion and vitality. It imparts the association of life force, energy, and courage to the wearer.
We have three gemstones associated with the month of August. These stones are the sardonyx, peridot, and spinel. Sardonyx brings courage and happiness to the wearer. The lime green colored peridot is comes from the mineral olivine and It wards off the evil eye. Spinel is a red-colored gemstone that has used by royal patrons.
- The sapphire is the birthstone for the month of September. The most common form of sapphire is the bright blue gemstone we usually associate the word blue sapphire, and this color is usually associated with divinity. This is a stone that brought in heavenly blessings and wisdom to the wearer.
- Apart from divinity, the other qualities associated with blue sapphires include nobility, loyalty, integrity, and sincerity. The mind feels focused and self-discipline becomes easier when a blue sapphire stone is worn on the body.
- The month of October has two gemstones associated as birthstones. These two stones are tourmaline and opal. The benefits of wearing tourmaline are protection from toxins, pollutants, and even negative thoughts. Additionally, it has the unique property of displaying magnetic properties when electrically charged. Opal reflects several different colors, and in the Middle Ages, its possess the powers of all the gemstones whose colors it reflects.Opal gemstone brings good fortune.
- Topaz and citrine are the two gemstones for November. The yellow topaz stone helps to break magic spells and also calm the anger of the wearer. People have got good results in calming nerves and avoiding nightmares after adorning a topaz. This stone is popularly refer to as healing quartz, and apart from these healing properties, this stone also suppresses negative emotions and creates new beginnings.
- Zircon, turquoise, and tanzanite are the three birthstones for December. Zircon helps to keep away evil spirits and induce restful slumber. Turquoise has been popular with ancient civilizations and modern people alike because of its pristine beauty.